ABAX FMT100 tracking unit
The ABAX FMT100 unit is designed to be an easy two wire installation that can be fitted on top your battery in minutes
The unit requires power from a constant 12V or 24V powersource, such as the vehicle battery or, for example, a jump-start point.
It is the customers responsibility to ensure the unit is mounted correctly. ABAX will not cover the costs to replace or swap a unit that is faulty due to an incorrect installation. Failure to mount the unit according to ABAX guidelines may also void your lifetime warranty.
ABAX FMT100 technical specification:
- Dimension: 92,5x57,6x14mm
- Weight: <63g
- Supply voltage: 10 to 30 V DC
- GPS accuracy: 2,5 meter
- Temperature resistant: (-40°C to +85°C)
- Sensors: accelerometer
- GNSS antenna
- Easy installation
Concealed external installation
For practical, aesthetic and security purposes, the best installation location for ABAX FMT100 device is on top of the vehicle’s battery.
- Locate the battery in your vehicle.
- If present, remove the battery cover to access the battery terminals.
- Decide on a mounting position – the best position is usually on top of the battery with the wires pointing out to the front of the vehicle.
- Remember to check that the cables can reach the battery terminals.
- Clean the area with the cleansing wipe provided and use a paper towel to dry off.
- Peel off the double-sided tape and mount the device to your desired location.
- Fasten the red wire to the positive vehicle battery terminal and the black wire to the negative vehicle battery terminal. Ensure the terminals are firmly refastened.
- If the device is receiving power, the LED will blink.
- To finish, make a note of the vehicle registration number, vehicle mileage and the main driver - give these details to your administrator together with the device serial number which is located on the box.
The unit fits any vehicle type:
|Estimated installation time:
|Flat head screwdriver, 10mm and 13mm socket drive
|For permanent power
|For ground (earth)