ABAX FMM230 tracking unit
The ABAX FMM230 unit is designed to be an easy three wire installation for both vehicles and machinery.
The unit requires power from a constant 10V to 30V power source, such as the vehicle battery or, for example, the fuse box.
It is the customers responsibility to ensure the unit is mounted correctly. ABAX will not cover the costs to replace or swap a unit that is faulty due to an incorrect installation. Failure to mount the unit according to ABAX guidelines may also void your lifetime warranty.
ABAX FMM230 technical specification:
- Dimension: 70,5x67x25,6mm
- Weight: <55g
- Supply voltage: 10 to 30 V DC
- GPS accuracy: 2,5 meter
- Temperature resistant: (-20°C to +85°C)
- Sensors: accelerometer
- GNSS antenna
- Easy installation
Concealed external installation
For practical, aesthetic and security purposes, the best installation location for ABAX FMM230 device is under the the hood with the antennas pointing upwards. The logo will indicate the correct way to mount the unit.
- Locate the battery in your vehicle.
- If present, remove the battery cover to access the battery terminals.
- Decide on a mounting position – Usually, the best position is near the windscreen/scruttle panel .
- Clean the area with the cleansing wipe provided and use a paper towel to dry off.
- Peel off the double-sided tape and mount the device to your desired location.
- Fasten the red wire to the positive vehicle battery terminal and the black wire to the negative vehicle battery terminal. Ensure the terminals are firmly refastened.
- Fasten the black wire to the existing factory ground point or negative vehicle battery terminal and the red wire to the positive vehicle battery terminal. Ensure the terminals are firmly refastened.
- If the device is receiving power, the LED will blink.
- To finish, make a note of the vehicle registration number, vehicle mileage, and the main driver - give these details to your administrator together with the device serial number which is located on the box.
The unit fits any vehicle type:
|Estimated installation time:
|Flat head screwdriver, 10mm and 13mm socket drive
|For permanent power
|For ground (earth)
|Secondary usage log